How To Choose A Short-Throw Projector?
By XGIMI Tech - 2022-01
A short-throw projector is a type of projector that is designed to be placed close to the screen or wall it is projecting onto, typically within a range of 0.5 to 2 meters. Unlike traditional projectors that require a larger distance between the projector and the screen, a short-throw projector can create a large image in a smaller space, making it ideal for use in smaller rooms or spaces with limited projection distance.
This type of projector can produce bright and clear images with a high level of detail, making it suitable for use in presentations, classrooms, home theaters, and other settings where high-quality projection is needed. Additionally, short-throw projectors can be more convenient to set up and use than traditional projectors, as they require less space and can reduce the chances of casting shadows on the screen or wall.
Part 1. Overview of Short-Throw Projector
Part 1. Overview of Short-Throw Projector
Depending on the distance between a wall and the projector there are many types of projectors.
A few of them are:
• long throw
• short throw
• ultra short throw projector
1. What is a short throw projector?
1) Short throw projector- These generally project onto walls or ceilings from a smaller distance of 8 feet from the projecting screen giving larger screen sizes.
2) Ultra short throw projector- These are used to project downwards onto walls or ceilings from an ultra-small distance of 0 to 4 feet from the projecting screen giving larger screen sizes.
2. Differences between short throw and long throw projector
1) Distance: Short throw projectors require a smaller distance of 3 to 8 feet so making them perfect for the living room whereas long throw projectors require a minimum of 6 feet from the projection wall/screen that can be used in various spaces.
2) Size: A long throw projector needs to be placed 8 feet from the wall to get an 80” screen, while a short-throw can be placed about 1-3 feet from the wall and get the same 80” screen. Therefore, getting a large image, from a short-throw projector, should be placed closer to the wall.
3) Speaker- Generally short throw projectors have better sound and have large speakers because of the ample space present in them for mounting large speakers.
3. Who is suitable for a short-throw projector?
1) Those who want to/need to place the projector from a close distance should buy a short throw projector.
2) Those who want a better viewing experience and a 4K ultra HD image quality giving a fantastic cinematic experience should buy a 4K UHD laser projector.
3) Those who want better audio quality should go with the ultra-short projector.
Part 2. Why You Need a Short-Throw Projector?
A short-throw projector is a type of projector that can project a large image from a short distance. There are several reasons why you might want to use a short-throw projector:
1. Space constraints: If you have limited space in your room or office, a short-throw projector can help you create a large image without having to place the projector far away from the screen or wall.
2. Reduced shadows: When you use a traditional projector, your shadow can be cast on the screen or wall if you stand in between the projector and the screen. With a short-throw projector, you can avoid casting shadows because you can place the projector closer to the screen or wall.
3. Convenience: A short-throw projector can be more convenient to use than a traditional projector because it requires less space and is easier to set up. This can be especially helpful if you need to move the projector from room to room or set it up quickly for a presentation.
4. Improved image quality: Short-throw projectors can produce brighter and sharper images than traditional projectors because they use advanced lenses and technology to reduce distortion and improve image quality.
Overall, a short-throw projector can be a useful tool for anyone who needs to project large images in a limited space or who wants to improve the quality and convenience of their projection setup.
Part 3. How To Choose The Best 4K Ultra Short Throw projector?
Each film, television, and sports lover wants that big screen and there's nothing as amazing as viewing anything on a big 120-inch projector screen at home.
Below are the features you should consider while deciding which Ultra Short Throw projector will be the best fit for you:
1) Size- The screen size, the weight of the projectors, and distance from the screen should be considered for choosing the projector. There are different sizes for different needs.
2) Brightness- The higher the lumens, the brighter the image will be produced. So it is recommended that one considers buying a projector with 1500-3000 ANSI lumens. Home projectors generally work better at 2000 ANSI lumens.
3) Sound Quality-Large size projectors provide space for mounting large speakers for achieving better sound quality.
4) System- For making the streaming effortless and for experiencing a premium home cinema experience. Projector with Android TV OS is an excellent choice.
• The weight of the projector depends on the setup location. Ceiling mounted projectors require less amount of weight as compared to table projectors.
• Screen length is often taken into consideration as a dimension of viewing attitude, however, it’s often measured as a diagonal with an assumption of a 16:9 (1.78), HDTV format, projection display.
AURA ultra short-throw laser projector is one of the best when it comes to providing cinematic experiences to the customers. Read on to know why AURA Laser Projector is the best choice for the users.
1) 4K short-throw laser projector A 4K short-throw laser projector can include one laser light source for unmarried-shade projection or three assets for RGB (purple, inexperienced, and blue) full-color projection. 4K UHD laser projector offers probably brighter projected pix, with better coloration.
A. Throw ratio
This one of the best ultra short throw projector with 4K resolution gives a throw ratio of 0:233:1 which gives a large image experience at a smaller distance. Users can place AURA 11.7 inches from any wall and get an enormous 120” screen, or 4.3 inches from any wall and get a 80” screen.
B. Resolution and image quality
• It gives a live cinema experience by projecting 4K ultra HD with 8.3M individual pixels on the screen
• ALDP technology- Advanced laser phosphor display technology used in XGIMI AURA Laser Projector makes the image livelier.
• HDR10- The recommended laser projector comes with HDR10 which has an impressive contrast ratio in bright and even in a dark environment.
• MEMC- XGIMI's AURA Laser Projector is equipped with a Motion Estimation, Motion Compensation technology that delivers a super low latency with the least amount of image blur.
• 3D- An immersive 3D content by AURA's brilliant 4K display gives a cinematic 3D display.
The XGIMI AURA pairs 4K UHD with a beaming bright 1800 ISO lumens which are most suitable for medium to low light conditions like living rooms or classrooms.
• Smart Android TV™ system gives uninterrupted entertainment
• Best 4K ultra-short throw projector comes with 5000 plus apps such as Disney+, YouTube, HULU, Prime Video, etc.
E. Sound quality
• 4*15W built-in Harman Kardon speakers in which 2 of them are Tweeter and the other 2 are woofers for a crisp and clear sound;
• The Dolby Digital audio amplifies sound quality;
• The DTS-HD master audio for a blue-ray movie soundtrack;
• The DTS studio sound gives a premium home theatre feel.
2. How to setup
It comes with 8 point keystone correction which allows you to adjust the picture size and quality according to your liking. The keystone corrections can be done manually to correct distorted images.
A. WIFI-connect WIFI and enjoy the Android TV with more than 5000 apps such as HULU and Disney+.
B. USB- To project your local data via USB cables and Pendrive. It has three USB ports to connect products like mobile phones, hard drives, USBs, TV sticks, etc.
C. HDMI- High definition multimedia interface for projection of uncompressed video and audio. The laser projector comes with three HDMI ports, giving ease of connection for “video game consoles, amplifiers, laptops, etc.
D. Bluetooth 5.0- Connects with external speakers, phones, tablets, etc. Users can sit at distance and enjoy a movie night with wireless connectivity.
E. Headphone connectivity- For audio connection options, the projector has one headphone jack, for easy connection of headphones, speakers, sound bars, etc.
Part 4. When Will You Use Short-Throw Projector?
Short-throw projectors can be used in a variety of settings where space is limited or where you want to avoid casting shadows on the screen. Here are some examples of when you might want to use a short-throw projector:
1. Classroom: Short-throw projectors are popular in classrooms because they can be placed close to the screen or whiteboard without blocking the teacher's line of sight. This makes it easier for teachers to give presentations and allows students to see the content clearly.
2. Home theater: If you want to create a home theater but have limited space, a short-throw projector can be a good option. You can place the projector close to the wall or screen and still get a large, high-quality image.
3. Business presentations: Short-throw projectors can be used in business settings for presentations and meetings. They can be set up quickly and easily, and can produce bright, clear images that are easy to see in a small conference room.
4. Art galleries and museums: Short-throw projectors can be used in art galleries and museums to project images and videos onto walls and other surfaces. This can create a dynamic, immersive experience for visitors.
Overall, short-throw projectors are a versatile tool that can be used in a wide range of settings where space is limited or where you want to improve the quality and convenience of your projection setup.
People who want greater cinema experience with ultra high definition (UHD) display quality and high-quality sound consider buying this 4K laser projector. AURA is one of the best short-throw projector because it gives ultra high definition laser display which delivers a lively movie experience that makes you live the moment with the scene. Moreover, the 1800 ISO Lumens give proper bright image quality with ultra HD pictures as the higher the ISO lumens the brighter the projector. It also has premium sound quality with Harman Kardon speakers and has an Android TV setup with 5000+ apps which gives a faster experience. The 8 point keystone setup, which is extremely easy to follow, and its multiple connectivity options make AURA incredibly easy to use. AURA laser projector has an ALDP technology are the best available product in the market.
The laser projector has the most affordable price range and has all the key features required for a mesmerizing experience. AURA uses diffuse reflection imaging, which removes damaging blue light making it better than traditional TVs and projectors. Enjoy happy movie nights or game nights with friends and family, having great date nights with the one you love…So don’t wait and buy it now!
Get $10 off Your Next Purchase
Join the XGIMI Community Today!